Nana and Ada


My parents came to Phoenix this weekend to visit Huntington mostly, but I am OK with that. I understand that everything changes when you have a kid. It really is no longer about me or about Jill, it is all about Huntington. I have loved watching my parents with Huntington. I love that they have the opportunity, as grandparents, to love on my son.

I feel bad sometimes because I know my parents would love to see Huntington more often, but because of location don’t get to. I understand that in their hearts they want their grandchildren to know who they are and love going to Grandma and Grandpa’s house, or in this case, Nana and Ada’s house. It is hard to communicate to my parents that he is only 6 months old and doesn’t really “recognize” anyone other than Jill and I. In my heart I want my children to love going to Nana and Ada’s house, to MawMaw and Grandpa’s house, and to Grandma’s house.

0 comments: